Assembler Programmer Analyst
Assembler Programmer Analyst (4 Openings!!)
- Provides subject matter expertise and mentorship in developing and maintaining system software code using the IBM Mainframe Assembly language.
- Identifies, analyzes, designs, develops and maintains cost-effective information technology solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies.
- Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating systems environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external controls and output.
- Provides subject matter expertise and mentorship in developing system software code using commonly known best practices. Willing to adhere to client’s standards and policies regarding software development.
- Identifies and resolves conflicts between proposed solutions and existing systems to ensure compatibility.
- Responsible for ensuring the security and integrity of all client’s systems.
- Responsible for ensuring the maximum performance and availability of designed system solutions.
- Provides subject matter expertise in the preparation, execution and documentation of development tests and evaluations.
- Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of all project documentation in accordance with the Systems Development lifecycle (SDLC) phases. Mentors team members in developing these artifacts.
- Ensures all revisions and refinements of software account for all changes in functional system requirements and equipment configurations that may occur during the product lifecycle.
- Responsible for supporting the implementation of systems/applications into test and production environments. Prepares implementation plans and change requests required for system migration.
- Mentors peers and junior level software engineers through the software development lifecycle.
- Provides technical support to customers during software warranty period.
- Responsible for consistent, concise, relevant, reliable and timely information to all appropriate internal and external stakeholders through a variety of communication channels.
- Oversees and ensures the training of peers and junior level engineers in new or modified systems/applications.
- Development experience with IBM Mainframe Assembly language
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of financial industry applications and systems.
- Familiarity with financial industry.
- Ten (10) years of experience with COBOL, JCL, command-level IBM® Customer Information Control System (CICS), batch processing and usage of the TSO/ISPF interface.
- Ten (10) years of experience with IBM DB2 Utilities - SQL Processing Using File Input (SPUFI), Query Management Facility (QMF) and Z/OS Mainframe Utilities - IEBGENER, IEFBR14, SYNCSORT.
- Five (5) years of technical leadership experience leading software teams through the entire software development lifecycle.
- Expert experience/knowledge of the Systems Development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Expert experience/knowledge of software development best practices in accordance with the ITIL or CMMI capability models.
- Familiarity of Agile SCRUM software development methodology.
- Effective Skill in using Microsoft Office suite: MS Word; MS Excel; MS PowerPoint; MS SharePoint, etc.
Job Status: Full Time